Blog about people-centered design by Lisa Chow and Sandra Sajonas.
We organized an event in response to threats of layoffs in the library. Gathering sponsors and speakers from across the NYC metro area, this event was a success with over 80 attendees with one coming from as far as Philadelphia.
- “Locating and Using Local Career Development Opportunities”, Tom Nielsen from the Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO)
- “E-Portfolios and Profiles: Using Free Web Tools to Prepare for the Job Market”, Susanne Markgren from ACRL/NY
- Speed mentoring sessions: Meet one-on-one with library workers from academic, special, medical and public libraries for advice and networking
- Resume review roundtables
- Spotlight sessions and panels
- Networking and resource tables: Meet with representatives from various associations and agencies and find out about available resources and services