Blog about people-centered design by Lisa Chow and Sandra Sajonas.
Book a Librarian is a service we launched and continue to manage at BPL that allows Brooklynites to reserve a half hour session with an expert librarian at the main library.
- This project helped the library to obtain a major capital gift
- On our 1 year anniversary we had a total of 64 appointment requests
- The webpage had 3,610 visits and 4,209 views
~ Being a senior doctoral candidate, research has always been challenging. However, with the wealth of internet sourced links and BPL search engines to which I was exposed during the session, I left feeling more empowered than I have ever been. Thanks much.
~ This has been a great help in starting my research.
~ There were many resources but the fact that the service was available is incredible.
- Currently looking into rolling out service to neighborhood branches
- Developing a staff training program for specialized subject areas
- Conducting 3 month post evaluations with patrons